It made absolutely no difference who won the 2016 presidential election. We can vote all we want, but the flight plan doesn’t change. We are being steered to a predetermined end with the only difference being which road we take to get there. This translates into …who will be allowed to profit most from the journey? We already know who will pay the bill.
Trump’s biggest problem was and is that he thought he was actually going to be running things…he’d be the “boss”. He’s obviously had his butt handed to him and now has back peddled on EVERY campaign promise he made. And we are just verging in the end of the first 100 days of his administration.
Here we go again. The threat of a so-called “government shutdown”. IF only that would happen on a level beneficial to the country. But it won’t. Nothing that affects the daily grinding of federal agencies as they mismanage employees, programs and massive amounts of money will be affected. Both houses of congress will continue to gather and to collect their pay checks, their golden fleece insurance perks and, bribery from special interests hand delivered by lobbyists. Of course, we don’t dare call it bribery; we call it “campaign donations”, “political contributions” and other euphemisms meant to disguise the pay-to-play business of government.
Checking a list of government agencies affected in 2013 and 2015, it is apparent that the only people and agencies affected to any degree, are low-level staffers and even lower level employees of agencies.
A sample from that list:
- Vital services that ensure seniors and young children have access to healthy food and meals may not have sufficient Federal funds to serve all beneficiaries in an extended lapse.
- Call centers, hotlines and regional offices that help veterans understand their benefits will close to the public.
- And, veterans’ compensation, pension, education and other benefits could be cut off in the case of an extended shutdown.
- Every one of America’s national parks and monuments, from Yosemite to the Smithsonian to the Statue of Liberty, will be immediately closed.
- New applications for small business loans and loan guarantees will be immediately halted.
- Research into life-threatening diseases and other areas will stop and new patients won’t be accepted into clinical trials at the National Institutes of Health.
- Work to protect consumers, ranging from child product safety to financial security to the safety of hazardous waste facilities, will cease. The EPA will halt non-essential inspections of chemical facilities and drinking water systems.
- Permits and reviews for planned energy and transportations projects will stop, preventing companies from working on these projects.
- Loans to rural communities will be halted.
- Hundreds of thousands of Federal employees including many charged with protecting us from terrorist threats, defending our borders, inspecting our food, and keeping our skies safe will work without pay until the shutdown ends.
- Hundreds of thousands of additional Federal workers will be immediately and indefinitely furloughed without pay.
READ MORE>>>>>>>>>>>> More