by Alan Adaschik
America just survived the nightmare of living under the worst possible president anyone could imagine; George W. Bush. No one can say anything good about his accomplishments while in office and this includes Republicans who are loyal to him. This is because everything George Bush did was to the detriment of the people of this Nation and to the rest of the world. As a President, he was a total failure and he deliberately worked to destroy everything that was right about our Nation and its government. This includes:
· Turning the office of the President into a dictatorship
· Tightening the New World Orders grip upon our Nation
· Increasing government secrecy
· Opening the revolving door between corporations and government agencies
· Reducing the effectiveness of and politicizing all government agencies
· Increased the national debt bringing the Nation to the brink of bankruptcy
· Broke down the wall between the separation between church and state
· Wrongfully rewrote legislation through the use of signing statements
· Wrongfully rewrote legislation through the use of executive orders
· Worked to eliminate checks and balances in government
· Eliminated citizen rights including inalienable ones
· Introduced torture as a legitimate tool of government
· Broke treaties and ignored international law
· Lied to the American people about everything
· Established an illegal prison system outside our borders
· Wrongfully invaded a weak foreign nation on a lie
· Failed to prevent 9/11 and is remiss in fighting the war on terror
· Mishandled the Katrina disaster
· Etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum
No, George Bush did nothing good for America and nothing good for the world. While in office, his actions were undertaken solely for the benefit of our New World Order masters and the corporate executives who hold him firmly in their pockets. In the final analysis, the ultimate irony of this is that what he wrought is not even beneficial to these Fascists because the destruction of our environment and the collapse of our economic system benefits no one including the demented criminals of the New World Order. Indeed, America is ready for change but it goes far beyond just being ready because George Bush has driven a dagger into the very heart of what America is supposed to be and if his actions are not reversed, the American experiment in Republican Democracy is definitely over.
Enter Barack Obama into the picture! What a breath of fresh air this man brings to the Presidency. He is intelligent, articulate, handsome, and dedicated to his beautiful family. Beyond this, he honestly wants to be a President for all Americans including those who do not have six figure incomes. Furthermore, he is black and the vast majority of us living today never thought we would see the day when a black man would be elected as our President. Americans should be proud that we are mature enough to look past the color of a man’s skin and judge a person based upon the character and abilities he has to offer in the service of his country. Truly, Barack Obama has already changed America by the very act of being elected and to further succeed all he has to do reverse and not do what George Bush did. The real issue is how committed he really is to doing this?
Barack Obama is our President because he promised to bring about “change” and the areas he intends to concentrate his efforts on are the economy, Iraq, and health care. Anyone who owns a television knows this is the case and certainly a majority of us are in favor of changes in these areas. This is all well and good as far as it goes, but the reality of our situation is such that it doesn’t go very far and the truth of the matter is that we really know very little about what Barack Obama will actually do when he takes office. This is the problem with electing a populist President. He makes you feel good and proud to be an American and there is certainly something to be said for this, but substance and perceptions are two different things and it is substance that makes or breaks a presidency.
Like most Americans, I was overjoyed when Barack Obama was elected President, but I had reservations because he is a member of one of our two dominating political parties. To be sure, our electoral process boils down to the party seeking power trying to convince people that they will solve the problems created by the party still in power. But the real truth, which most Americans do not understand, is that we are where we are today because both political parties collaborated and cooperated to get us here. Eight years is not time enough to entirely change where our Nation is heading, so it stands to reason that our hijacked ship of state is on a course determined by its equally culpable co-captains; the Republicans and Democrats in keeping with the wishes and mandates of our New World Order masters. Therefore, while Barack Obama focused his entire campaign upon change, a prudent citizen is more than justified in wondering just how committed to change Barack Obama really is. While no one can make this determination with definitive certainty, enough information is available to make a reasonable determination as to what he will and will not do.