Listen Live HERE!
CAll in # 917-388-4520
Hosted by Marti Oakley & Debbie Dahmer
Guest will be: Carole Herman – President and Founder of FATE -Foundation on Aiding the Elderly, (blogs in the Huffington Post).
FS 400.0239 Quality of Long Term Care Facility Improvement Trust Fund
(a) Development and operation of a mentoring program, in consultation with the Department of Health and the Department of Elderly Affairs, for increasing the competence, professionalism, and career preparation of long-term care facility direct care staff, including nurses, nursing assistants, and social service and dietary personnel.
(b) Development and implementation of specialized training programs for long-term care facility personnel who provide direct care for residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, residents at risk of developing pressure sores, and residents with special nutrition and hydration needs.
(c) Addressing areas of deficient practice identified through regulation or state monitoring.
(d) Provision of economic and other incentives to enhance the stability and career development of the nursing home direct care workforce, including paid sabbaticals for exemplary direct care career staff to visit facilities throughout the state to train and motivate younger workers to commit to careers in long-term care.
Founded on August 20, 1984 http://www.4fate.org
1. Enhance national awareness of the pattern of abuse frequently found in elderly care institutions.
2. Protect the elderly in their remaining years.
3. Initiate advocacy action to improve the care and supervision of the elderly.
4. Report abuse and neglect violations to the appropriate authorities.
5. Follow up to see that corrections and redress occur.
6. Provide a forum to support legal action on behalf of patients and their families.
7. Provide a public service of referrals for senior issues.
8. Provide tools, resources and leadership to other advocacy leaders and groups.
9. Raise funds to help support grass roots advocacy organizations assisting the elderly.
Foundation Aiding the Elderly (FATE) is a Sacramento, California based 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Corporation whose objective is to serve as a voice for patients and to bring about national reforms and enforcement of the laws governing the nursing home industry and its regulatory agencies in order to assure proper care, civil rights and meaningful, dignified life for the elderly in long-term care facilities.
**TS Radio is now also heard on AMFM247 Broadcasting Network now heard in 5 cities across the US. These cities include:
Tampa, FL (102.1 FM and 1630 AM),
Las Vegas, NV (1520 AM and 107.1 FM),
Lancaster, PA (102.1 FM & 1640 AM),
Macon, GA (98.3 FM & 810 AM) and now
Boulder, CO (100.7 FM).
To contact us: email@example.com